SUMMER 2021 NEWSLETTER
We hope you had a relaxing Easter holiday!
We return with some exciting topics this term and hopefully as much fun outside as possible.
We will focussing on getting the older children “school ready” and making sure their transition is as smooth as possible.
The themes for this term will be…The Zoo, People who help us, Transition
Forthcoming events:May 3rd Closed due to Bank Holiday
- Half Term: 31st May – 4th June
- Summer Term: 7th June – 22nd July
- Inset Day – Tuesday 15th June & Friday 23rd July
- Summer fair Saturday 3rd July (11.30 – 2.30)
- Leavers Presentation Afternoon: Thursday 22nd July (Yr 2 ONLY)
- Teddy Bears Picnic: Monday 19th July – all welcome
- Last day of term: Thursday 22nd July
SUMMER FAIR – Saturday 3rd JulyWe are hoping that we will be able to go ahead with our Summer Fair this year. We hope you will join us in celebrating CNS and supporting with donations for our different stalls. More details will follow, but there will be the infamous Boozy Box and Children’s Box as always!
COVID UPDATEWe will continue to adhere to the government guidance with regards to COVID. We thank you for your continued support throughout this year with the new rules/changes that have put into place. We strive to be COVID safe and COVID free as is our achievement so far.
Our TopicsIf you can contribute in any way to our topics, then please see a member of staff. We would love for you to share your experiences with us
Teddy Bears PicnicAll families and children are welcome to join us for lunch on this day (even if it is not their usual day). Weather permitting, we will be able to sit outside together. Bring a teddy, food and a picnic rug! Times to be confirmed.
There is a small fee increase to £5.25 for private and any additional hours.
Please see Mrs Baker if you need financial support with this.
HOT WEATHER, SUNHATS & SUNTAN LOTION
It is our policy that:
- Suntan lotion should be applied to children before they come to pre-school. We are happy to re-apply lotion to any child who stays all day, but each child must bring their own suntan lotion in a named container & a Permission Form to apply suntan lotion must be completed. Please hand suntan lotion containers to the member of staff on the door.
- All children must wear a sunhat in the summer months when we are playing outside. We have a number of hats that can be borrowed but please send your child with a named hat if they would prefer to wear their own.
CNS reserves the right to keep any child indoors if we feel that exposure to the sun would be detrimental to that child.
Please send your child to each session they attend with a drink of water in a clearly named bottle.
Health advice states that children should have access to drinking water at all times & we feel that this is the best way to help promote independence as well as being good preparation for school.
We of course have water readily available to the children at any time and/or if they forget their water bottle.
- Please remember to send a lunchtime drink for your child.
- (Dare we say!) – in warm weather – remember to send a freezer pack in your child’s lunchbox.
- Remember to check the website, Facebook page and any letters, handouts, etc. that come home. We try very hard to make sure that we keep you informed but we need you to do your bit! If you have any problems, questions, or need clarification of anything PLEASE ask.
We hope that everyone enjoys the Summer Term!