We aim to:
- provide high quality care and education for children primarily below statutory school age;
- work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- add to the life and well-being of our local community;
- offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
We ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward their learning and development by being helped to build on what they already know and can do;
- has a key person who makes sure each child makes good progress;
- is helped to learn and develop through a partnership between parents and staff;
- is treated fairly and in doing so we are mindful of circumstances that can effect a child’s behaviour and progress e.g. arrival of a sibling, moving house, food additives, testing of boundaries, misunderstanding of a situation etc. We will use our expertise as practitioners to guide and support them in managing the situation. As influential adults we are aware that children learn quickly from examples set by adults who they are fond of and admire.